Family’s puppy dies after eating poisonous mushroom

July 4, 2018

 

A Belvedere family said its 15-week-old puppy died after eating a highly toxic death cap mushroom that has become common in Northern California in recent years. Diane Rice, a Golden Gate Avenue resident, said her young lab, Jackson, struggled for two days in a veterinary hospital trying to recover from poisoning from the mushrooms, known as Amanita phalloides, before dying on June 22.

Read the complete story in this week's Ark. SUBSCRIBE NOW!

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Recent stories

September 9, 2020

September 9, 2020

Please reload

Please reload

© 2019 The Ark, AMMI Publishing Co. Inc.  |  1550 Tiburon Blvd. Ste. D, Tiburon, CA 94920  |  415-435-2652  |  Designed by Kevin Hessel