Nov. 8 election: Key dates ahead
To register to vote or check your status, visit registertovote.ca.gov.
To track your ballot, visit california.ballottrax.net/voter.
• Oct. 10: Voting opens, and the county will begin sending vote-by-mail ballots to all registered voters.
• Oct. 11: Vote-by-mail drop-boxes will be available, open 24 hours. The only drop box on the Tiburon Peninsula is at Belvedere City Hall; other nearby boxes are at the Corte Madera Recreation Center, Mill Valley Community Center and Marin City Library.
• Oct. 24: The last day to register to vote — though California allows same-day voter registration. Voters will be allowed to register and cast a provisional ballot, pending eligibility verification, at the Elections Department or at a voting center.
• Oct. 29: 11 voting centers will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through Nov. 7, then 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Election Day. The closest is at the Marguerita C. Johnson Senior Center in Marin City.
• Nov. 5: Four more regional voting centers will open, including at Westminster Presbyterian Church, the only peninsula voting center.
• Nov. 8 — Election Day: Polls will be open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Voters may still register and cast provisional ballots on Election Day.